Thanks for participating! 50% off offer is now invalid. You will still be able to use the code below. However, your account will be replaced with 5GBs.
For the first time in SpiderOak history, we are offering a 50% off discount for new users. We don’t want you to become an April fool when it is EASY to safely, securely, and privately backup all your photos, videos, music, and documents.
Get 50% off. Less than 48 hours only. Sign up HERE & use the code worldbackupday.
Instructions for using the code through the Spideroak client or your account page:
- Open your ‘account’ through the accounts tab in the Spideroak client or click ‘Buy more space’ button.
- Once on the Account Details page, you will select “Upgrade My Plan” to the right.
- On this page, you will see a “Promotional Code” box.
- Type “WorldBackupDay” in this box and select “Update”
- You should see the discount 5GB free option as well as the 50% discount to yearly plans.
- Choose the option you wish to use, and continue the ‘checkout’ process and you are done!
History of World Backup Day
A redditor originally suggested the idea of World Backup Day in March 2011. The reddit community quickly rallied with him to launch the first-ever backup “holiday.” Learn more by visiting worldbackupday.com.
Two years later, this day means even more to us as digital consumption increases and more hard drives fail each day. Today we want you to join us in not only acknowledging World Backup Day, but also recognizing how important it is for your personal peace of mind to make sure all of your data is backed up.
Why It Matters
Your hard drive may contain hundreds of thousands of files. We want to make sure your files are protected from hardware failures, accidents, theft, the apocalypse – anything. Be sure to take advantage of this deal today so you’re not an April fool. Share this discount with those you love so they can safely back up their data too. Do you run a business? Learn more about how your enterprise can backup its important data or sensitive client information with SpiderOak’s ‘Zero-Knowledge’ privacy encrypted backup.
Helpful Backup Tips
For extra precaution, here are some helpful backup tips for you to practice and share with your friends and family:
- Compose your documents with frequent saves to your computer’s hard disk, and always consider that version to be your “original”
- When you stop working on a project, or when you reach a point where your project needs extra protection, “back up” by saving the file(s) to removable media, usually flash drive.
- Also store backups in a separate physical location.
- The second time you create a backup of a document, make it on separate media from the first backup.
- If you must do significant editing to a document, save it under a different name. Continue to use new names with each edition, being careful not to delete the old saves until you are 100% sure that you will never need them.
- For extra protection, periodically print your documents.
- If you have lots of software installed on your computer that would be time consuming to reinstall, consider doing a backup of the entire hard drive.
- Test restoration. Sometimes computers and humans make mistakes, and sometimes things break.
Thanks for making this day fun, and your help spreading the word. Preempt tragedy and save your data with SpiderOak.
We’ve got your back(up).
Discount starts March 31 and ends April 1 at 11:59pm CST