January 10, 2011
SpiderOak Android ver 1.1 in the wild!
With lessons learned and a new Mobile development crew in place, we proudly announce the new Android client: SpiderOak Android Version 1.1.
The new client features improvements in stability, speed, and several added features such as improved folder handling and the addition of ‘Favorites’ (or files that are downloaded and always available regardless of connectivity). Below you will find full release notes, download sources, and a tutorial video showing off the new Android client.
Android 1.1 Release Notes
- Favorites: A user now has the ability to mark specific files as ‘Favorites’. This will allow the file to remain available regardless of connectivity and the user can easily check for new updated versions.
- Improved Tab Navigation: A user can now browse his/her storage, access Shares, go to Favorites, view a specific file, and then return to his/her storage at the previous point.
- New Login Dialog: Increased efficiency such that a user no longer needs to go into Settings to enter Username/Password. New version allows a user to tap Menu –> Login and – if no credentials are present – a dialog will appear with the appropriate fields.
- Updated File Details: By default, files marked as Favorites are depicted with a star and show last modification time and size. A user can now modify this display within the Settings.
- Improved File Viewing: User may choose between potential programs to open a file when a default is not found.
- Miscellaneous Fixes & Improvements: Better handling on orientation changes and a more accurate storage progress bar.
You can download the new mobile client for Android via app-stores and repositories or directly through: https://spideroak.com/dist/android/SpiderOak.apk.